BRC students: You MUST present a valid NYS Drivers license TO PARTICIPATE IN A NYS MSF BRC OR an out of state driver's license OR a NYS Motorcycle license. FAILURE TO PRESENT A VALID LICENSE AT TIME OF CLASS WILL RESULT IN FORFEITURE OF TUITION and you will not be admitted to the class. It is the responsibility of any out-of-state licensee student to confirm their state's acceptance of the NYSMSP BRC completion card for licensing in that state.
BRC I and BRC II for License Waiver students MUST complete the required online ecourse less than 30 days prior to the start of their scheduled class. A printed e-course certificate with the student's name and course completion date must be brought to the start of class.
DUE TO THE COVID-19 VIRUS, STUDENTS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BORROW A HELMET OR GLOVES FOR THIS CLASS. A DOT APPROVED HELMET IS REQUIRED. A FULL FACE HELMET IS RECOMMENDED.
BRC II LW students MUST bring both NYS drivers license and NYS learners permit to class.
Please carefully read the following
By paying for any Motorcycle Safety Program class at SUNY Adirondack or SUNY Canton, I agree, understand, and acknowledge that breach of this contract will result in a lost opportunity for SUNY Adirondack, SUNY Canton, and Adirondacks Beyond Motorcycle Safety, LLC, and the liquidated damages for such shall be all or part of the course fee/s, depending on when notice of cancellation is given as outlined below.
I further attest that I can CURRENTLY ride a bicycle.
1. I understand and agree that I must give Adirondacks and Beyond Motorcycle Safety, LLC, a minimum of seven (7) days cancellation notice or reschedule notice, in order to receive a refund, less a $25.00 processing fee. If I cancel or reschedule within the seven-day period prior to the scheduled class, I, the student, will forfeit $100.00 of the tuition paid. I understand that I will not receive ANY refund if I withdraw from the class within 72 hours of the start of the class.
2. I understand and agree that if I fail to attend any of my course sessions once the course begins, I will forfeit the entire course fee. It is understood and agreed that I must attend ALL sessions of the course, with no exceptions, and that no make-up classes will be given if I fail to meet the attendance requirements. I understand and agree that I must allow additional time in my course scheduling for the possibility of inclement weather conditions (for riding) or extended riding time.
3. I understand and agree that should I fail to provide my own personal motorcycle gear as follows: long sleeve shirt or jacket, jeans with no holes (no shorts), boots that cover at least 1" above the ankles, full-fingered gloves, eye protection and DOT approved helmet, I will not be permitted to participate in the course. Steel-toed boots are NOT recommended.
4. I understand and agree that there is a possibility that I may be counseled out of the class because I may not be able to achieve the objectives of the range exercises within the allotted time or I fail to abide by the safety and instructional guidelines as set forth by the RiderCoaches, and should this occur, I forfeit the course fee.
5. I understand that I must be on time for all class sessions, that I will not be allowed in once class begins, and that, if I am late, this may result in the forfeiture of my entire class fee.
6. I understand this waiver is NON-TRANSFERABLE.
By paying for a class, I attest that I have carefully read this waiver and I understand its provisions. I also attest that I have read and understand the qualifications to enroll in the class I have selected. By paying for a class, I agree to these terms.