Basic RiderCourse II Skills Practice (BRC II Skills Practice) $150
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE PAGE BEFORE REGISTERING FOR A CLASS
This is NOT the course to obtain your motorcycle license.
If you have never taken a formal riding class, this is a great place to start or if you have graduated from the BRC 1 for license, this is your next step in rider education. The class is a one-day program concentrating on cornering, swerving, quick stops, and U turns. There are no classroom or test components.
This class may be booked by clubs as a private class. For info, call 518-668-5589.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE ENROLLING:
- This class has no licensing component.
- You need to have a motorcycle license to take this class.
- You will use your own bike.
- Your bike must be street legal, licensed, insured, inspected and in good repair.
- Bring your license, registration, proof of insurance, and inspection to class.
- You will not be allowed to take the class with out these documents, and you will not be eligible for a refund.
- Bikes with car tires or improperly mounted motorcycle tires are not allowed.
- Mandatory riding gear consists of DOT approved helmet, eye protection, (face shield, goggles, or safety glasses, etc.), long sleeved shirt or jacket, full-fingered gloves, long heavy pants like jeans, and boots that cover the ankles.
- Class is presented, rain or shine.
BASIC RIDER COURSE II -Skills Practice (BRC II Skills Practice)
(Q) What skills should I have before enrolling in this class?
(A) You should be comfortable riding on public roads. You should have basic control over the throttle, brakes, and clutch. You should be able to stop, swerve, and corner with control. Not sure…Phone 518 668 5589 to discuss.
(Q) How long is this class?
(A) One day. 8AM-5PM
(Q) What type of bike is OK to bring to class?
(A) Basically any street legal, registered, inspected, and insured motorcycle. If in doubt, call 518 668 5589 to discuss.
(Q) What safety /riding gear do I have to wear?
(A) At a minimum, you must wear a long sleeve shirt or jacket, Long pants/jeans, boots that cover your ankle, full-fingered gloves, DOT approved helmet, and eye protection (full faceshield, goggles, or safety glasses).
(Q) What license documents do I need?
(A) Motorcycle license, registration, inspection, and insurance card for the motorcycle you are using.
(Q) Are there any tests involved with this class?
(Q) Does this class qualify for insurance premium reductions?
(A) Check with your insurance company. Some do recognize the class.
(Q) How much riding time is this class?
(A) This varies depending on the needs of the class. The range exercises generally take 5-6 hours to complete.
(Q) Is there a lunch break?
(A) Yes, around noon for about an hour.
(Q) What if it rains?
(A) We ride, rain or shine. Bring rain gear if it looks like it might rain.
(Q) My club is looking to take a class. Would this be a good choice?
(A) Yes! Call 518 668 5589 for details.